Reason most of them liked about Ponting is he the one man who put the Sachin Tendulkar to play at his full limits and pushed so far as possible. Ponting tried to go past the Sachin Tendulkar run feast but remained backed.
The 37-year old Ricky Ponting announced his decision to retire at the conclusion of the third Test match against South Africa. Ponting acknowledged the support of Clarke and coach Mickey Arthur.
Ponting’s shimmering career saw him stack up a plethora of records, right from leading Australia to two World Cup titles in 2003 and 2007 and to being a part of more than 100 Test victories which no other caption had done.
He is also the second highest scorer after Sachin Tendulkar in Tests and One-Day Internationals. He will be remember as one of the best Australian batsman for ever.
- Glorious twenty years of cricketing By Sachin Tendulkar
- Sachin Breaks world record once again and become first batsman to score 200 in an ODI
- Sachin Tendulkar is hoping to win ICC Champions Trophy and get the Number one Spot
- All Time Great Sachin Tendulkar retire from playing one-day International cricket
- Sachin Tendulkar crossed 17,000 ODI runs and Scored Magnificent 45th Century